By attending a residential treatment center for troubled teens in Escondido, does not mean that your son or daughter is abnormal or in anyway unusual. There may be a trauma or two in your child’s past that has made things more difficult in their life, but that does not mean these past memories and past experiences cannot be overcome through therapy and safe environment. If you need immediate assistance please call one of our family advocates at 1 (800) 724-2147.
Another misunderstanding that RTC’s may have is that getting treatment means that your child is worth less than others their age, or that they are unusual in what they are experiencing. When your troubled teen attends a treatment center, you will find out that your child is not alone. Not only will there be many other students foing through what our child is going through, you will also find confort in the other families that are familiar with your situation. It may surprise you that a significant percentage of the teen population suffers from the same conditions and negative behaviors as your suffering teen. There is comfort in knowing that you and your child are not alone.
Sunset Bay Academy is a residential treatment center that treats troubled teens ages 12-17 with issues ranging from but not limited to:
- Continual Drug and Substance use or Addictions
- Unresolved emotional issues such as; mood disorders, conduct disorders and learning disorders
- Falling behind in school as a result of non-attendance and/or non-compliance
- Non-compliance to court orders
- Destructive behavior
- Abusive or Unhealthy Dating Patterns
- Unsuccessful attempts at therapeutic intervention in a lower level of care
- Failure to attend traditional outpatient therapy
- Ungovernable Rebellious Behavior
If you are a parent in need of an out of home placement for your troubled son or daughter, please call one of our family advocates to set up an evaluation and to answer any questions you and your family may have. 1 (800) 724-2147. Our campus is a convenient, short car trip away from Escondido. We are here to serve you and your family.